Lancaster House Bar Manager, Tom Chalmers, is passionate about port and introducing it to a wider audience. The premium Port, which lends its name to Lancaster House Sandeman’s Bar, is one of the stars on our restaurant menus, cocktail list and features in our port tasting evenings. Continue reading “Lancaster House Share Four Sandeman Port Cocktails”
Selecting from their extensive gin library, Waterhead has chosen well-known, and well-loved Hendrick’s as their Gin of the Month.
George, our Wild Boar Master of Malt is looking forward to our Balvenie Whisky Evening on 4th November when he will welcoming Brand Ambassador, James Buntin who will be sharing his vast knowledge of single malt.
The casks are so important to the taste of The Balvenie that they employ their own team of highly skills coopers. The balancing of the taste is critical – some casks need to be ‘toasted’, just enough to open the pores but not enough to burn too deep.
Balvenie Caribbean Cask has been matured in traditional oak whisky casks for 14 years, and then ‘finished’ in casks that previously held Caribbean rum. The result is an exceptional single malt whisky with the traditional smooth, honeyed character of The Balvenie, married with notes of toffee and a hint of fruit, with a warm, lingering finish.
- NOSE: Rich, sweet and creamy toffee on the nose combines with fresh fruit notes
- PALATE: Rounded with vanilla and sweet oak notes, with fruity character that develops with time
- FINISH: Soft and lingering
Whisky Tasting at The Wild Boar
Join George, our master of malt for our regular Whisky Tasting Evenings at The Wild Boar to learn more about our favourite whiskies.
Lancaster House Head Chef, Damien, has been cooking up a storm (or perhaps we should say ‘an orchard’) for Apple Day. He’s come up with a 3-course menu featuring Pink Lady and Cox apples. Generous to a fault, Damian shares the recipe for the salad starter with us. Continue reading “Lancaster House Serve up 3-Course Apple Day Menu”
It’s International Chefs Day and we just wanted to give a big shout out to the Head Chefs at English Lakes. These guys amaze us every day with their hard work, creativity and dedication to their craft. We asked them about their favourite food and who inspired them to get into the kitchen. Their teams have a few interesting things to say too!
Continue reading “English Lakes and Five Mighty Fine Chefs”
Celebrating Chocolate Week
Lancaster House Head Chef, Damien,he has generously agreed to share his recipes with us. For some of us, chocolate pudding will always be the ‘best bit’ of the meal.
Hot Chocolate Fondant, Clotted Cream & Fresh Strawberries
- 50g melted butter to prepare ramekins
- 120g good quality dark chocolate
- 100g butter
- 3 whole eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 75g caster sugar
- Brush the inside of four ramekins with the melted butter and then refrigerate (brushing from base to top edge helps fondants to rise).
- In a bowl over a pan of boiling water, melt the chocolate and butter. Do not let the bottom of the bowl touch the water as this will burn the chocolate.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, egg yolks and sugar until they triple in volume and turn pale.
- Fold the egg mixture into the chocolate with a metal slotted spoon.
- Take the ramekins from the fridge and gently dust the inside with caster sugar. Spoon in the chocolate mixture and return to the fridge for 1 hour until set.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degC
- Place the fondants on a tray in the centre of the oven for 11 minutes until risen. Finally, dust the tops with icing sugar and serve on a plate with clotted cream and sliced strawberries.
… or Damien will cook it for you
This dish, along with other chocolate-inspired recipes will be available throughout Chocolate Week, 10th – 16th October at Lancaster House Foodworks restaurant. Booking a table couldn’t be easier using our online booking system or just call 01524 844822.
Celebrating Chocolate Week
Lancaster House Head Chef, Damien, has put together a special 3-course menu to celebrate Chocolate Week and he’s agreed to share his recipes with us. Here’s how to make Char-grilled Beef Medallion Fillets with a Chocolate & Coffee Crust, served with Pan-fried Oyster Mushroom Sauce and Baby Vegetables. Continue reading “Lancaster House Serves Beef with Chocolate & Coffee Crust”