English Lakes are always delighted to host Car and Bike Clubs. They make such a grand spectacle lined up in all their resplendence at the entrance to the hotels, or as they sweep out of the car park en masse for a day’s adventure in the surrounding countryside. Continue reading “English Lakes Hosts Classic Car and Bike Tours”
Lancaster House Head Chef, Damien, has been cooking up a storm (or perhaps we should say ‘an orchard’) for Apple Day. He’s come up with a 3-course menu featuring Pink Lady and Cox apples. Generous to a fault, Damian shares the recipe for the salad starter with us. Continue reading “Lancaster House Serve up 3-Course Apple Day Menu”
In 2015 when the effects of Storm Desmond put paid to the Ambleside Brownies meeting in their brownie hut, Low Wood Club came to the rescue. Shauna King, Fitness Instructor at the Club tells us about how the inconvenience of the storm opened up opportunities for greater community involvement.
It’s International Chefs Day and we just wanted to give a big shout out to the Head Chefs at English Lakes. These guys amaze us every day with their hard work, creativity and dedication to their craft. We asked them about their favourite food and who inspired them to get into the kitchen. Their teams have a few interesting things to say too!
Continue reading “English Lakes and Five Mighty Fine Chefs”
Celebrating Chocolate Week
Lancaster House Head Chef, Damien,he has generously agreed to share his recipes with us. For some of us, chocolate pudding will always be the ‘best bit’ of the meal.
Hot Chocolate Fondant, Clotted Cream & Fresh Strawberries
- 50g melted butter to prepare ramekins
- 120g good quality dark chocolate
- 100g butter
- 3 whole eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 75g caster sugar
- Brush the inside of four ramekins with the melted butter and then refrigerate (brushing from base to top edge helps fondants to rise).
- In a bowl over a pan of boiling water, melt the chocolate and butter. Do not let the bottom of the bowl touch the water as this will burn the chocolate.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, egg yolks and sugar until they triple in volume and turn pale.
- Fold the egg mixture into the chocolate with a metal slotted spoon.
- Take the ramekins from the fridge and gently dust the inside with caster sugar. Spoon in the chocolate mixture and return to the fridge for 1 hour until set.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degC
- Place the fondants on a tray in the centre of the oven for 11 minutes until risen. Finally, dust the tops with icing sugar and serve on a plate with clotted cream and sliced strawberries.
… or Damien will cook it for you
This dish, along with other chocolate-inspired recipes will be available throughout Chocolate Week, 10th – 16th October at Lancaster House Foodworks restaurant. Booking a table couldn’t be easier using our online booking system or just call 01524 844822.
Celebrating Chocolate Week
Lancaster House Head Chef, Damien, has put together a special 3-course menu to celebrate Chocolate Week and he’s agreed to share his recipes with us. Here’s how to make Char-grilled Beef Medallion Fillets with a Chocolate & Coffee Crust, served with Pan-fried Oyster Mushroom Sauce and Baby Vegetables. Continue reading “Lancaster House Serves Beef with Chocolate & Coffee Crust”
Mark Needham, General Manager of The Midland introduces us to a drink with a history of humble beginnings but which, recently, has been brought right up to date to enjoy something of a renaissance around the world. Continue reading “The Midland Get Creative with Rum – the new star on the drinks scene”