Calling all junior travellers, Charlie and Alfie our new children’s hotel inspectors are planning trips and adventures around Lancashire and the Lake District over the coming months. They will be reviewing all things English Lakes Hotels and checking out many of the local attractions and experiences. First on the list…
We love Easter. This weekend we will be enjoying a long bank holiday weekend with friends and family, giving each other decorated eggs to celebrate Eastertide. The oldest tradition is to give dyed and painted chicken eggs, but a modern custom is to substitute chocolate eggs. (We also love Chocolate!)
Last year we shared with you a recipe for Cadbury’s Creme Egg Brownies, they were really tasty and a hit with the kids. So this year, we decided to challenge the team at Waterhead Bar & Grill to create a new Creme Egg dessert…
This is the third in a series of videos with Ali, our personal trainer at The Sandpiper Club, Lancaster.
In this video we join Ali and his client, Sally who show us how to do the squat and shoulder press to try out next time we are at the gym.
If you would like a boost in your training and want to tone up but require a little guidance, then personal training is for you!
The Tricep Dumbbell Kickback
This exercise puts force on the triceps at the top of the move compared to the overhead triceps extension.
- Set the bench at around knee-height.
- Rest your left hand on the bench beneath your left shoulder and place your left knee on the bench in line with your top abs.
- Your upper body should be horizontal, with your right upper arm in line with your torso.
- Let your right forearm and the dumb-bell hang straight down.
- Press the weight straight back, moving only at your elbow.
- Keep the rest of your body in the same position throughout.
- Once set is complete swap arms.
- Written by: +Kris Littlewood