There can be confusion about what foods are good for us and how our eating and drinking habits affect our health.
At English Lakes two leisure clubs, Low Wood Club in Windermere and Sandpiper Club in Lancaster our members get free personal gym training programmes, we always recommend that a fitness plan should be balanced with a healthy, nutritious diet. Registered Dietician, Sofia Antonsson, answers some common nutritional questions and points us towards a healthier lifestyle. Continue reading
This is the third in a series of videos with Ali, our personal trainer at The Sandpiper Club, Lancaster.
In this video we join Ali and his client, Sally who show us how to do the squat and shoulder press to try out next time we are at the gym.
If you would like a boost in your training and want to tone up but require a little guidance, then personal training is for you!
The Tricep Dumbbell Kickback
This exercise puts force on the triceps at the top of the move compared to the overhead triceps extension.
- Set the bench at around knee-height.
- Rest your left hand on the bench beneath your left shoulder and place your left knee on the bench in line with your top abs.
- Your upper body should be horizontal, with your right upper arm in line with your torso.
- Let your right forearm and the dumb-bell hang straight down.
- Press the weight straight back, moving only at your elbow.
- Keep the rest of your body in the same position throughout.
- Once set is complete swap arms.
English Lakes employs passionate people! Passionate about going the extra mile for our guests. This usually comes from a good work-life balance which allows time for other interests and hobbies.
Sandra Gibson, Manager of Low Wood Club and Sandpiper Club loves her canine family and is preparing them for Crufts 2014 in her spare time outside of work.
Adorable – a first outing for the puppies!