Tim Bell, General Manager of Lancaster House discovers a family-friendly day-out with a difference close to the hotel.
By its very reputation, The Lake District will always lend itself naturally to the great pastime of walking.
But just down the road in North Lancashire, the walking culture is just as vibrant. The Trough of Bowland in particular offers stunning scenery and a plethora of accessible walking routes to rival many of Lakeland’s classic rambles here on the doorstep of Lancaster House. Continue reading
This is the third in a series of videos with Ali, our personal trainer at The Sandpiper Club, Lancaster.
In this video we join Ali and his client, Sally who show us how to do the squat and shoulder press to try out next time we are at the gym.
If you would like a boost in your training and want to tone up but require a little guidance, then personal training is for you!
The Tricep Dumbbell Kickback
This exercise puts force on the triceps at the top of the move compared to the overhead triceps extension.
- Set the bench at around knee-height.
- Rest your left hand on the bench beneath your left shoulder and place your left knee on the bench in line with your top abs.
- Your upper body should be horizontal, with your right upper arm in line with your torso.
- Let your right forearm and the dumb-bell hang straight down.
- Press the weight straight back, moving only at your elbow.
- Keep the rest of your body in the same position throughout.
- Once set is complete swap arms.
RAF Typhoon Aircraft (Credit: UK Ministry of Defence)
Here at English Lakes we love to show off the beauty of the local area we have the pleasure of living and working in. Previously we have blogged about the fantastic photography of the Lake District and Lancashire taken from the International Space Station by Canadian astronaut, Chris Hadfield.
Earlier this week we came across a selection of aerial images taken a little closer to Earth. BEA Systems stunning trials photographer, Chris Ryding, captured aerial pictures of Lancaster and Morecambe from the cockpit of a Eurofighter Typhoon jet.
At sea level the jet can reach speeds of Mach 1.25 (1,470 km/h or 910 mph) and they can be regularly seen throughout Lancashire and Cumbria while on test flights from BAE Warton.