As part of our series of monthly recipes from the chefs at English Lakes, Stefan Milanec, Head Chef at Low Wood Bay has shared with us this super healthy recipe for a quick and easy seafood risotto dish.
Haddock is a great source of protein, vitamins and minerals and is low in fat so is diet friendly. When combined with prawns there is just the most wonderful taste which makes you want to cook this over and over again. This can also be made in a larger portion and served with warm crusty bread as a main course – delicious!
Smoked Haddock and Prawn Risotto
Ingredients (serves 4)
- Finely dice garlic and shallots, sautéing them in butter and olive oil
- Add risotto rice and sweat it out
Add a slug of white wine a slowly stir, allowing it to absorb
- Prepare vegetable stock and slowly add to the rice as it’s absorbed
- Leave to one side to continue to absorb the flavours and stock
- Dice the smoked haddock and poach in milk
- When poached drain and add to the risotto
- Sautee the prawns in butter and add to the risotto, bringing it to the heat
Portion into bowls and add parmesan shavings if desired. Season and enjoy!
Smoked Haddock and Prawns are just perfect when accompanied by a rich oaky Chardonnay from South Africa – my mouth is watering just thinking about it!
- Edited by +Tina Taylor. Written by Stefan Milanec