Easter is upon us, and this month we have already shared a chocolaty Easter recipe – perfect for the kids. So now here is a chocolate inspired recipe for the adults from Michael Wilson, head chef at The Midland.
Hazelnut Panna Cotta
|Hazelnut panna cotta||Chocolate sauce
- Toast the Hazel nuts in a hot pan. While these are toasting, mix to the cream and milk and praline and sugar in a separate pan. Also soak the gelatine in room temperature water.
- Boil the cream and milk mixture on the hob and then blend in food processor. Leave to cool and infuse for 30 minutes.
- Pass the liquid through a fine sieve and put it back into a pan to re-boil the mix.
- When the mix has re boiled add the gelatine to it and pass it again though a fine sieve into a bowl.
- Mix over a bowl of ice cube until it starts to cool and thicken, when this happens just pour it in to the moulds you want to use.
- For the chocolate sauce, melt the chocolate over a pan of hot water in a bowl.
- While the chocolate is melting, heat the milk cream, syrup and sugar butter until it boils.
- Poor the hot cream and milk over the chocolate and mix and fold together.
- Then add the cold water to the mix and chill down.
Drizzle the chocolate sauce on the plate then turn the panna cota out by dipping the mould into hot water the just run a small knife around the outside and it should just drop out, do this on to a solid spatula or straight onto the plate then the a sprinkling the sugared nuts around.